First off, I do not want to live in a nursing home. I don't want someone to have to change me, to shower me, to dress me, to feed me. It would be horrible to be that dependant. But just in case I do end up living in a nursing home...
- My file should say DNR. There are too many problems involved in elderly people who have been resuscitated. I don't want to go through that
- If I'm not funny when I'm 90, there is no use living. As long as I'm good for a laugh, keep me around (even if you're laughing because I have Alzheimer's, I don't care)
- If my diet supposedly restricts Dr. Pepper, give it to me anyway. If I'm going to die, I'm going to die happy
- I don't care if I'm eating too many sweets. Once you're that old it shouldn't matter what your figure looks like
- Don't wake me up. If I sleep until lunch, who cares? I'm old... if that's what I want to do then let me do it.
- Please don't put my dentures in the laundry. The denture guy only comes to my house once a year and that's on 3.14
- Even if I refuse take a shower, put me in there anyway.
- Give me back scratches. (The ladies at my work always coax me into giving them one)
- Sing me bedtime songs
- When I finally do die, if you want to donate my body to science that would be fine. That or any kind of donor (if they want my decrepit body). Have a normal funeral/viewing first, put my body to good use!
Even if I scream in protest for being taken care of, I will appreciate it (in the long run). When I curse at you CNA's it really means "I love you".